Thursday, April 14, 2016

Raigarh doctor's warning seal leaves patients scared

Next time you go to Raigarh Medical College in Chhattisgarh with an ailment don't be scared.A doctor posted at Raigarh Medical College in Chhattisgarh offers his patients little assurance of cure.
Raipur: Next time you go to Raigarh Medical College in Chhattisgarh with an ailment don't be scared. A doctor posted at Raigarh Medical College in Chhattisgarh offers his patients little assurance of cure. At the bottom of each prescription, he puts down his seal, which cautions, "No guarantee."
Dr S N Nandan is considered an expert in medicine. Patients are puzzled and traumatized by his warning. "If doctor will not offer us an assurance, who will?" asks some of his poor, tribal patients. Dr Nandan, however, has no regrets. "I have spent Rs 800 on the seal. I will continue to use it.

These days, I'm forced to offer this caveat. Not because I think my treatment is not right, but because I have little faith in pharma companies and their medicines," he said.

No comments: