Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Bhanu Pratap Gupta

Bhanu Pratap Gupta, GMS 77 Batch is no more. Bhanu was one of the fixtures in kurseong and besides being one of the leading advocates of town also ran a darjeeling tea shop (one of a kind in the heart of tea country) where one could pick up a packet of castleton first flush at down to earth prices. bhanu was an active alumni member of GMS and was also actively involved in the local social and political life. My association with Bhanu or BP Gupta goes back a long way when both of us studied in St Helens for a good three years before joining Goethals in class2.
Bhanu died of a head injury due to a simple fall from a rickshaw in Aligarh. For the last week he was admitted in a hospital in Noida where he breathed his last, this morning. Shashi Agarwal from our batch is right now with him. Details of cremation can be asked from Shashi at his cell no. 9837161048.
RIP BHANU.


The above was posted by Norbu Tshering on FB

2 comments:

bishal said...

Sri Bhanu Pratap Gupta was not only my senior Advocate but he was also a brother of my best friend Sri Pankaj Gupta. More than all he was genuinely a very good human being. The news has shocked me.
I pray to God for letting his soul to rest in peace and may god provide strength to his family to bear this great loss.
V. Mangrati, Calcutta.

bishal said...

Sri Bhanu Pratap Gupta was my seniour when I was practicing as a lawyer in Kurseong Court. He was my friend (Pankaj's) brother. He was a very good human being.
The news of his sudden demise shocked me.
I pray to god may his soul rest in peace and his family be provided with strength to bear this loss.
V. Mangrati, Calcutta.