Thursday, July 23, 2009

Children

The following mails were exchanged between Fay and me.
They probably reflect the feelings of our generation and so as suggested by Fay, I have posted them on our blog.

Radheshyam


2009/7/20 Fay Kelly

Today's Sunday Times Magazine - message from a proud parent

Page 45 – third column on the right, half way down, look out for:
Dr Leah Kelly, a neuroscientist at Rockefeller University !!
You’ll have to forgive me.

Fay


Hello Fay,
I couldn't locate the article on the net and I do not get the Sunday Times copy.
I would appreciate if you could copy and mail it.
Since you have mentioned it, it must be interesting.
Regards,
Radheshyam


2009/7/20 Fay Kelly
Yes indeed it is interesting but the reason I highlighted it is that Leah is my daughter !! Just being a proud parent
Fay


Fay,
Congratulations.
I can understand.
Man envies others and does not tolerate anyone going ahead of him.
There is competition even between husband and wife.
It is only when it comes to children that he wants them to go much ahead of him
He not only tolerates, nay, desires his children go ahead of him.
I consider life a relay race.
Each father passes on the batten to his son when the son starts earning, crosses 30, he himself has crossed 60 and a grandchild has been born.When I mention son, it is figurative, it also includes daughter.
I too have crossed 60, my sons have taken off my load and given me a grand-daughter as bonus, to play with.
I thank God for all his gifts and also for being able to communicate with all of you.
Regards
Radheshyam


Fay Kelly to me
These are profound words Radheshyam
Thank you


Fay Kelly to me
I’ve been thinking.
This should go on your blog. Many of us are at the same age and your words consolidate what we feel and think !!

No comments: