Saturday, June 27, 2009

Msgs from friends 25



Msg from Rajesh Pradhan

Dear Mr.Radheyshyam,

Rajesh Pradhan here from Kurseong,batch of '81 (boarder).I enjoy going through your mails ,I look forward to your mails very much though you don't know me and maybe I am just another ex-Goethalite on your mailing list.I am in constant touch with friends of my days online in messengers or on networking sites like hi5,Facebook and Orkut.

The news about Vice-Admiral Nirmal Kumar Verma being the next Naval Chief of our country made me feel really proud and have posted the news to my networking site in Facebook where I can be found as (rajeshpradhan1965@hotmail.com),I am sure many guys from our school can read it there.

I do hope you keep in touch and I look forward to your mails as always.

With regards and warm wishes from Kurseong.
Rajesh Pradhan
NB:
rajeshpradhan1965@hotmail.com
Enclosed is a night view of our school
taken during the Centenary Celebrations,
a souvenir for you and your family.
Cell # 09733458318


Msg from Karanvir Mehta

Dear Radheshyam,

Hope the railways will sort out your problem and you will be able to board the train as planned for your annual visit to your guruji. It must be a wonderful experience for you because I note that you really look forward to this trip every year.

I am attaching a presentation on waste. It is in Italian but I think the message is clear. Everytime we buy something or throw it away we should think a bit more. The first slides translates into - try and guess what these images represent. The words "cosè? questo" mean what is this? And if any one wants further translation on any of the slides they can write to me.

Have a nice trip and look forward to hearing from you on your return.
Karan


Dear Karan,

Thanks for your good wishes.

Yes, the railways have solved my problems.
Both my tickets have been confirmed only yesterday, i.e 26.06.2009. But first I had to send in letter of my complaint to Mamata Banerjee, our Railway Minister and another complaint via E mail to Shree Sunil Kumar, Executive Director (PG) & Public RelationsOfficer, Railway Board, since I thought my complaint to Mamata would not reach in time, considering the poor state of our postal service.
Now, whether, the confirmation came naturally or through the efforts of these august people, I will never know.
Anywy, if it came through them, then, I would like to thank them for taking care of two old people.
Going to Gurudev's place is very refreshing, that is why we make the trip every year, in spite of all the problems. My MD is also very thoughtful and allows me leave during this period, every year.
The presentation is very good. I wish it was in English. But the meaning is clear.

Cheers for now.

Radheshyam


Msg from Keith Haywards

Hello Radheshyam,

I hope you and your family are well.
Can you help me re.the whereabouts of'Teacher(sir)' Lefevere?
If my memory serves me,im sure he lived in Darjeeling.Is he alive?(he would be around 75/80 years old),and if so,do you have his Email Address?
likewise'Teacher(sir)'Mckenzie?
Thanks.
Take care

Keith.PS.
(Did you like the Snow Email)!!I also keep in touch with JK.


Hello Keith,

Yes, I saw your snow mail.
Really frightful.
So much snow.
Where were the pictures taken? Canada?
Ralph was telling me they had plenty of snow last year.
I'll put your message for our teachers on this weekend mail.
We are all fine here.
JK was in Cal about 2 weeks ago. We met at his place for a party.
How is your family?
Hope they are all well.
Haven't heard from Bruce for a long time.
Best regards

Radheshyam



Msg from Amitav Maulik

There's a nice picture and a quote from our very own Jaspal Singh Bindra (1976 ISC -- Class 11) batch in Time Magazine June 29-July 6th 2009 issue (summer double issue).
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,1905409,00.html

JAS is now Stan Chart Asia's Hong Kong based CEO.

Way to go JAS!

We are very proud of you

Amitava Maulik
1976 December ICSE



Msg from Jayanta Ghosh

Hello RS,
Just now read your weekly roundup and came to know of your annual pilgrimage to Ahmedabad. I'll also be making my annual pilgrimage, but at another level. In 2007 I went to Kedarnath and Gangotri, in 2008 I went to Manimahesh. This year's trip is the toughest of all - to Panch Kedar. 1) Kedarnath - 3584 m, 2) Madhmaheswar - 3490 m, 3) Tungnath - 3680 m, 4) Rudranath - 2286 m and 5) Kalpeshwar - 2134 m. I'll be skipping Kedarnath this time as I've already visited the pilgrim spot twice. Moreover, the person - my shala - who'll be accompanying me has to take leave from his office. He has also visited Kedarnath previously. We'll have to do a trekking of 110 Kms. So, it'll be tough, no doubt. I'm not getting any younger. This will be my last trekking trip, I think. No more mountain trekking for me. I'll have to prepare myself physically. So, from tomorrow I'll be starting my preparation for that. The mountains simply draw me like a magnet. If we can save a day or two we may go to Gopeswar. It's a beautiful rolling mountain between Chamoli and Kedarnath. You'll love Gopeswar once you see it. Next year I have plans to visit Amarkantak. This trip is eluding me, for some reason or other. A real pity. You should visit these places sometime. I hope you enjoy your pilgrimage to Ahmedabad.

This time I'm going to purchase a digital camera so that I can mail the pictures easily. Actually, my daughter-in-law will purchase the camera for my trip. It was her idea. I'll be departing on the 18th or 19th of September, depending on my shala's leave.

Bengal is burning. 32 years of misrule has culminated to the point of no return.
Hope your natni is keeping you occupied and amused, as my natni is doing. I hardly find time to sit on the net, as you have observed. She keeps me engaged throughout the day. At the end of the day I'm absolutely fagged out. But I love it. This is a temporary phase; once she grows up, it'll be a different stage altogether. So enjoy it.

Well, bye for now.

JK

No comments: