Saturday, July 12, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 31

Msg from Amit Garodia

Dear Mr.Sharma,
I would like to inform that one of our classmates of batch'97 Zakir Hussain has successfully entered the Indian Film Industry and 2 of his films are going to arrive and "The Little Godfather" will shortly arrive in September. I think he's worked hard for it. Hats off to him.
Amit Garodia
Batch97


Dear Amit,

My congratulations to Zakir.
What is Zakir's role in the film.
Is he an actor, director?
Could you give more details.
Radheshyam

Dear Mr.Sharma,
He is an actor in the film.
Amit


Msg from Pinaki Mitra
Dear mr.sharma,
I fully appreciate your cause and am willing to donate the sum of money mentioned in your letter.But can i be rest assured that all the money we raise will be properly utilised.Just look into this,as i have had some bitter experiences in my life .We the batch of 1977 atleast the ones in Cal and i am in touch with will definitely come forward for this donation.Let me have more details when you are ready.
Thanks and have a great day!
Cheers for Goethals !!!!

PINAKI MITRA

Dear Pinaki,

I understand your misgivings.
We see these things in our daily life.
A beggar will come to you in a bus crawling on his knees. You give money to him and then you see he walks properly on his feet after he gets off the bus.
Or another beggar comes to you with eyes closed as if he he blind but then walks without difficulty after getting off.
These incidents will put off anybody and start doubting all human beings.
But still there are people like Mother Teresa and different sants in India who spend whatever money the shishyas give them.
We have to believe somebody if the world has to go one.
During the centenary, we saw the girls who were being educated and fed during the sports functions. We heard about them and now since we are being asked to support them, I feel it is not a fraud.
Then we have Br James who is behind the project. He has been in Goethals for the last 10 years or so.
Foreigners are coming from abroad to look after our poor in India.
Shouldn't we in India, whom God has given more than average, try to help our less priveledged bretheren.
If we do not raise the standard of the people below us, they will in time bring us down to their level.
There will always be people who will try to steal the money which people provide for the poor. But then, they are the ones who suffer in the long run.
They say, if you give a man, fish, he may have one or two square meals.
If you teach him to fish and give him implements, he can feed himself and his family for the rest of his life.
If you give him education, you benefit him and all his future generations.
The rest is up to you.
Mine is only an appeal.

Radheshyam

Dear Radheshyam,
I admire the student for doubting. Its a global sickness to ask money for the poor and use it for something else. I have lots of photos in the computer but they are not of this year's students. There is one little voice recording of one of our girls and this was sent to Ireland to represent an Indian student of the Christian Brother school. Apparently, in Ireland they have set up a sort of museum where when you press a button, a student from one of the countries appears on a screen and says a line or two about himself/herself. We had the privilege of sending one for India and I will send that to you. You will need a ear-phone to hear what she is saying. I will send some more recent photos tomorrow.

Br. James


Bank Account of Life...........Sent By Lalit Narayan

A 92-year-old, petite, well-poised and proud man, who is fully dressed each morning by eight o'clock, with his hair fashionably coifed and shaved perfectly, even though he is legally blind, moved to a nursing home today.

His wife of 70 years recently passed away, making the move necessary. After many hours of waiting patiently in the lobby of the nursing home, he smiled sweetly when told his room was ready.

As he manoeuvred his walker to the elevator, I provided a visual description of his tiny room, including the eyelet sheets that had been hung on his window.

"I love it," he stated with the enthusiasm of an eight-year-old having just been presented with a new puppy.

"Mr. Jones, you haven't seen the room, just wait." "That doesn't have anything to do with it," he replied. "Happiness is something you decide on ahead of time. Whether I like my room or not doesn't depend on how the furniture is arranged ... it's how I arrange my mind. I already decided to love it. " It's a decision I make every morning when I wake up. I have a choice. I can spend the day in bed recounting the difficulty I have with the parts of my body that no longer work, or get out of bed and be thankful for the ones that do. Each day is a gift, and as long as my eyes open, I'll focus on the new day and all the happy memories I've stored away just for this time in my life.

Old age is like a bank account. You withdraw from what you've put in. So, my advice to you would be to deposit a lot of happiness in the bank account of memories! Thank you for your part in filling my Memory bank. I am still depositing!

Remember the five simple rules to be happy:

1. Free your heart from hatred.
2. Free your mind from worries.
3 . Live simply.
4. Give more.
5. Expect less.

No comments: