Sunday, February 3, 2008

Messages from Old Boys - 7

Msg from Richard Johnson
Dear Radheshyam,
Thank you for including me on your mailing list.
I think you are providing a great service through your blog - I read it regularly.
I love your piece on your time with Matthew. Yes, Matt taught me too. I was there from 1957 to 1963. I was also there in November at the fantastic reunion.
I wrote a piece (in November 2006) which may be of interest to your blog readers it is called 'A Goat Grazing: 1957 to 1963 Š' It is available at: http://www.deakin.edu.au/~rjj/
under the heading: "Reminisces of school days at Goethals Memorial School"

I am also writing an article which I think I will call 'A Goat Reflecting: Before & After' on my reflections on the 2007 Reunion.
I will pass it on to you as soon as it is ready. Unfortunately, like 'Goats Grazing' it will have a lot of pictures and therefore may not be as portable via email - let's see.

I will pass your blog information on to Bruce Wallace - I see there is a picture in which he features and a question asking whether he is related to Keith Wallace. No, Keith and Bruce are not related, though I am sure there would be many who would like to share some of those athletic genes with Keith. Bruce is also an outstanding human in his own way...

Great to hear from Keith Hayward; Richard was a good friend of mine and one of the memorable characters of GMS around the early 60's.

Again, thank you for what you have done and continue to do.

Regards

Richard

Dr Richard Johnson
Faculty of Education
Deakin University
221 Burwood Highway
Burwood 3125
Victoria, Australia
Phone: +61 3 92446438
03.02.2008

Msg from Safiul Huda

Safiul,
I just read in your letter to Jeff that you have blood pressure and other problems. Is Jeff's Id still the fonterra.
Why don't you do pranayam and yoga?
I have explained in details in one of my posts how you go about it.
I do pranayam regularly. My pressure is invariably 80/120.
I had Lumbar spondyitis about 15 years ago. My doctor had advised me to use a belt.
I did not use it. I have kept it in control just by pranayam and yoga.
Last week while working at home, I bent over to do some work. Now bending forward is like poison for persons with Spondy.
I paid for my indiscretion.
The pain became aggravated.
I have again brought is back to normal just by pranayam and yoga.
So Saiful, medication is not the solution.
Only pranayam and yoga will only help you.
Radheshyam
31.01.2008


Radheshyam:

Thanks to you, yesterday I talked [after 48 years] to N.K. Sircar.
Interestingly enough, I already have a gmail account, which I have
never once used. Need to start using it, and more important, get used
to it.

I'll compose something and try and upload it by following your
instructions. In the meantime, I'm attaching my reply to Jeff's
letter.

Safiul


Msg from Akash Kushwani

Dear Mr. Sharma,
It feels very nice mails from you. Thank you very much for providing all the information. I like this idea of making a database of all the old boys. I am attaching my personal details herein.

Regards

Akash Kushwani
Director,
01.02.2008

Nariandas Construction Pvt Ltd,
14/441, Binodpur,
Katihar- 854104,
PH; 06452- 243327, 241828

Msg from Partha Sengupta
Hi RS
Short note to tell you that personally I appreciate very much what you are doing
and the way you are doing it.
I shall be sending you my details in the excel format.
Best Regards/Partha
31.01.2008

Msg from Naranjan Punjabi

Dear Radheshyamji
I would like to thank you for taking the initiative and effort to get old mates together and keep the communication going. In this fast paced times, your effort is really commendable.
I have attached my personal details in the spread sheet you had forwarded.
Thanks once again.

Regards
Naranjan
31.01.2008

No comments: