Saturday, February 23, 2008

Messages from Old Boys 10

Msgs from Pat Peirce

Thanks Radheshyam!
I have the m/t plastic container, but I'm sure he can find another.
Was expecting to hear from him earlier, as he said his email would
soon be ' up and running. '
Pl. thank him very much for being so helpful, and for being a good friend.
Got back home on the 10th, after 2 glorious months in Hawaii with my
daughter and grandson, Evan, who turned 2 on the 2nd of Feb.
Will send some pics when I get organized.
Will be spending tomorrow in Vancouver with my old pal, Chick Lee,
who finished a year before me, 1956. He then did his Apprenticeship at
Greshams, and went out to sea.
Chick is very excited, and eager to see all the GMS photographs, etc..
Poor chap does not get around much, as he takes care of his wife, who has
Alzheimer’s.
C U later - Pat.


Hi Pat,
I have just spoken to Arjun.
He did not send the chip as he was afraid that it would have been damaged in post.
I have now advised him to pack it properly, may be with some hard plastic cover and cotton wool and send it.
He said he will do so this way.
I will inform you as soon as it is sent.
Are you still in Hawaii or have you come back to Canada?

Warm regards

Radheshyam


Hi Radheshyam!
Would you be so kind as to ask Arjun Biswas which address he sent my 256 mb San Disk chip to ?
I believe he mailed it.
Here is my addr. for verification:

238 - 34313 Forrest Terrace,
Abbotsford,
B.C.,
V2S 7L2,
Canada.

Many thanx !

Pat.
PS I see you have my name as Pat Pierce.
' Peirce ' is the correct spelling.
Not my fault. I was branded!!


Msg from Keith Wallace

Sorry Keith,
Your info has not reached me.
You have to save what you entered in a separate file and then attach the file to your email.
Just by entering in the form I sent and sending it back will not come to me.
The data being collected cannot be accessed directly.
If you would like the data of anybody, it will be made available to you immediately if you give me the Name and Year of Passing or last year in school (provided I have been given the data).
I can also tell you year wise, the names of all the boys whose data I have.
It will take some time to collect all the data.
I have so far collected only 35.
At the rate boys are sending their data, it will take me about a year and half to collect all the data.

Regards

Radheshyam

Congratulations on turning 60, make the most of any privileges you are given.
I have filled in my personal details but have forgotten how to access info by others. I need to see an example so I make as few errors as possible.
Keith W


Msg from Keith Hayward

Hello Keith,

Goethals does not have E-mail address. but Bro Beddoe the Principal does have one. It is MRBEDDOEATYAHOODOTCOM.
Mr. Lobo and Clifton will reply in due course. Different people take different time to reply. Since I am always with a computer, both at home and work, I try to reply immediately. Did you try the coriander chutney and chili pickle?
Have you read the 90/10 Principle I posted a few days ago?
Try it. It is beneficial.
I have explained the principle to my family.
Now whenever anybody gets angry, others immediately remind the angry person about the 90/10 principle.
This cools down the angry person instantly
I have not yet received your personal data in the form
Warm regards

Radheshyam

Hello Radheshyam
I have a Email Address for my Mobile
Phone ”KEITHHAYWARDATTHREEDOTCOMDOTAU” can you answer my Email to check it
works?
Also do you have an Email Address for Goethals?
Thanks,
Keith.
PS.I have sent Email letters to Matt Lobo & Clifton D'Aubney, but so far no
replies
Keith



Msg from Saibal Basu

Dear Saibal,

The souvenir is being sent to the address given by you.
I have not yet received the Personal Data Form, duly filled from you.
Do take some time, fill and send it.
This time during the centenary GMS did not give any personal invitation as they had not formed a data base.
We can excuse the school since they did not have the technology when we passed out.
But now they should not have that excuse.
The data will be collected and a copy sent to the school, according to surname and year of passing.
This time, who ever attended did so, by word of mouth and self invited for love of the school, not through any personal invitation from the school.
After the database is given to them, I hope they do not make this gaffe again.

Cheers

Radheshyam

Dear Mr. Sharma

Thank you for your assistance in procuring the centenary souvenir for me. I had literally given up all hope to ever obtain it. If possible, the souvenir can be sent to the following address in Kolkata

Saibal Basu
C/O Ms. Sucheta Chatterjee
7E Ballygunj Station Road
Kolkata – 700 019

Phone: 24611150

Warm Regards

Saibal




Msg from Manish Anand
HI....
I’m glad that such a work is being done...certainly I must say good job well done..!!! I definitely would like to say to all the Goethalites around the globe.....Lets serve our Alma Mater after all that’s what has brought about this feeling of pride....

HAPPY NEW YEAR...and DO ALL THINGS WELL!!

CHEERS....
Manish

No comments: