Sunday, April 22, 2018

Former AAP adviser Raghav Chadha repays Rs 2.50 salary to Rajnath Singh as 'token of remorse'

A day after the Centre cancelled the appointments of nine advisers to the Delhi government, Aam Aadmi Party (AAP) functionary and former adviser to deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia, Raghav Chadha, on Wednesday sent a demand draft worth Rs 2.50 that was drawn as salary for his 75-day tenure along with a letter to Union home minister Rajnath Singh.
"I was offered an honorarium of Rs 1 per month and over my time there earned a princely sum of Rs 2.50. On the directions by the Ministry of Home Affairs... I accept my retrospective sacking from the position held for a period of 75 days, two years ago. My intention, like that of others on the list, was to work for something that was bigger than the individual, to work for the people of Delhi," Chadha wrote in the letter laced with sarcasm.
"Please accept enclosed a Demand Draft of Rs 2.50 in favour of Ministry of Home Affairs that I earned in my capacity as adviser as a token of my remorse," he added and cited the examples of the appointments of BJP leaders Sambit Patra, Shazia Ilmi and a godman from MP to plum posts in ONGC, Engineers India Limited and in the MP government through their skill set were not in the same domain.

No comments: