Tuesday, April 14, 2015

What to do after you have recovered from a cardiac attack?

One of our friends, Bhaskar Paul has had a cardiac attack and asked for suggestions. Who could give a better suggestion that a person who has had two angios done on him, had seen his own brother suffer a major heart attack and been able to save him by God's grace and had seen his cousin die from valve problems at Devi Shetty's Hospital in Bangalore.
The best course is to live a healthy life style as I do and have given below.
Bhaskar you are blessed in that you have survived an attack.
There are many who do not get that chance also.
I myself have had to undergo two angios in a span of 18 months, about thirteen years ago.
The second one was entirely my fault as I had become so confident on the effectiveness of Ramdeo's Pranayam that I had stopped taking my doctor's prescribed medicine, including Ecospirin.
God was kind in that He gave me a third chance and now besides taking all allopathic medicines, i also take Ayurvedic and Homopathic medicines.
Life is too precious for us to play the fool with our medicines.
I practise the following exercise/medicine/diet schedule which if you follow, should help you too.
In the morning after bath etc, I follow Ramdeoji's pranayam schedule. Bhastika, Kapalbhati and Anulom Bilom.
While doing my Pranayam, I listen to Smt Jaya Rao's discourse on the Bhavad Gita.
After Pranayam I take 15 drops of Tonicard (for heart) in 1/4 cup of plain water and 10 drops each of (Cephalandra + Gymnema Sylvestr) in 1/4 cup of water - for my diabetes.
After Pranayam I do Pooja, and then I take two tea spoons of slightly roasted & ground flaxseed with 1/8th teaspoon of Cinnamon powder. After 10 minutes, I take a bowl of oats. After 30 minutes, I take a glass of vegetable cum fruit juice. Just before going to office I take 4 biscuits with tea (just liquor without milk or sugar).
In the office I carry the following.
A small container of Salad (slices of cucumber + carrots + Tomato + grapes). I take this around noon.
Another larger container of cut papaya is taken at around 1 to 1.30 PM
My lunch, taken at around 2 to 2.30 pm consists of just three chapatis (just roasted - called Phoolka) with green vegetable curry.
At around 4.30 to 5.0 PM I take an apple.
On returning home, at 7.15 PM I take 4 biscuits with liquor tea.
Dinner is at 8.30 to 9.00 PM again 3 chapatis with Kadhi/dal and one vegetable curry.
After dinner I take my allopathic medicine for diabetes, cholestorol and ecospirin.
We try to go to bed by 10.0 to 10.30 PM
I do not take any alcohol or smoke cigarettes, never got into the habit.

For all the household marketing and other chores, I never take a rickshaw. So my walking exercise is done this way.
One thing I can say is that I could never maintain the above schedule without the cooperation of my wife and daughter-in-laws, who keep everything ready and give it to me as and when required.
So the actual credit should be given to them.

No comments: