Sunday, April 3, 2011

Congratulations Dhoni & Co & Sachin

Sachin Tendulkar takes a victory lap along with daughter Sara and son Arjun

The above photo has come out in most newspapers.
It was sent by Keith Hayward.

I normally do not watch cricket matches ever since they became 24 x 365 hours cricket.
I become bored watching cricket.
However, I allowed myself to watch the last five overs of the India-Pakistan high voltage match and enjoyed India winning.
I planned not to see the finals and slept through the complete Sri Lanka innings.
When India started batting I started watching but as soon as India lost two quick wickets my wife changed channel and started watching her various soaps.
Every now and then my wife would switch channels to see what was happening at Wankhade stadium.
It was only when India crossed 200 that we started watching the match continuously.
These matches result in enormous tension to the viewers.
The benefit, if any, is obtained by the players (1 crore +) each and all those associated with BCCI.
What do the viewer get?
Only tension.
Some people in Pakistan died of heart-ache and one committed suicide after their team lost.
Probably the same may happened in Sri Lanka.
So why create tension for yourself.
Better to watch the last five overs, only if your side is winning.

No comments: