Saturday, July 10, 2010

Woman advocate stabbed to death in High Court premises

A young woman advocate was allegedly stabbed to death by her paramour, who later tried to stab himself, at the premises of the Karnataka High Court here on Thursday.

The incident occurred around 1.50 p.m. near the Court Hall No. 3 at the first floor of the High Court. The victim, identified as J.S. Naveena (25), succumbed to injuries on the spot.

High Court police identified the accused as Rajappa (29), a paramour of the victim.

After committing the crime, the accused had attempted suicide by slitting his throat at the murder scene. However, he ran away from the spot when his colleagues tried to catch him and entered a retroom in the court where he consumed pesticide. The police and other advocates chased and nabbed him, an eye witness said.

Rajappa allegedly stabbed the victim at least four times leading to her death. Naveena received injuries in the neck and chest. Both were wearing black robes when the incident occurred, sources of the High Court police station said.

According to the police, the motive behind the gruesome murder is yet to be ascertained.


I don't know what was the cause of the anger of the person who stabbed the advocate but I would guess she may have double crossed him.
Besides the usual practise of dragging on cases so that their source of income continues uninterrupted as they continue to milk their clients, advocates are known to take money from both parties.
I myself was the victim of one such advocate. I won't name names as even the government is scared of rubbing them the wrong way.
I had bought a shop in our area for my younger brother.
One of my colleagues had a relative who was an advocate and lived in our area.
I was referred to the advocate by my colleague.
Now, this shop was financed by a bank and the person who owned the shop had defaulted. The advocate whom I had contacted knew of the default as he represented the other party.
However, he did not inform me and I went ahead and bought the legally disputed shop.
Just when I was doing Puja before entering the shop, the bank representative called.
I had to finally clear the other person's due before I could take posession of the shop.
I had to pledge my wife's jewellery to do so.
At that point. I would have willingly murdered the advocate.
I sympathise with the person who hacked the advocate in Bangalore.
In my list of corrupt persons, the advocate comes just below the list of politicians and policemen and just above the medical profession.

No comments: