Saturday, August 29, 2009

Msgs from friends 33

Msg from Peter Barber

Hi Radhesham,

I appreciate the amount of time you put into your blogs,but, if you have overlooked my short note to you ,I would be obliged if you could spare a few minutes and check my message and enlighten me regarding.Brother Foran he taught me in 1957, and I would very much like to either ,phone him or send him a mail.I was at G M S 1954-1957

Many thanks and a big God Bless,

Peter Barber.


Dear Peter,

I personally have no news of him.
I had put your letter in my weekly mail to elecit some info.
It seems I have drawn a blank.
I shall put it up next week again

Regards

Radheshyam


Friends, If anybody can give info of Bro Foran, it would be highly appreciated.

Msg from Desmond Oliver

Dear Raheshyam,

Could you please send me the email addresses of my classmates Manas Chowdhary, A.K.Daw and N.G.Kar.

Thanks,

Regards,

Desmond Oliver


Dear Desmond,

N G Kar does not seem to have an email ID His cell no/Restaurant no is 09831082509 / 03322521710.
Anup Daw's ID is anupdaw@yahoo.in and Manas's is craig.chowdhury@gmail.com

Hope you can now bring yourselves up to date in news.

Regards

R S Sharma


Dear Radheshyam ,

Thankyou very much for the prompt action taken, it is very kind of you to take all the trouble to find out and mail the info. back to me. I shall update you as to the outcome.

Thanks once again.

Regards

Desmond Oliver


Msg from Maj N K Rai

Hari Om Radheshyam......many thanks for the news.

Maj NK Rai

Kathmandu



Msg from Karma Phincho

sir,

my name is karma phincho 77 batch and i have been reading your mails and i have to admit it is refreshing, whatever that means. you may think i am flattering you before i ask you a favour but that is not the case. i am in the sikkim athletic association and we will be having a meet very soon. i will also be coming to cal to purchase medals and trophies and since you are in cal i would like to ask you if you can recommend some shops. the intention of coming all the way to cal braving the bad roads, monsoon landslides is we save a substantial amount of money, after all we are not the BCCI. i am not sure i should be writing to you with this request but it is evening and the influence of alcohol has given me the strenght to go ahead and try. please ignore this mail if you think i have overstepped.no matter what your reply is please keep sending those mails and i will be reading and enjoying them. goodnight


Dear Karma,

It was a pleasure receiving your letter.
Do let me know what are your planned purchases for the Sikkim Sports Association. Is it cups and shields or any other things.
I shall be able to guide you better after I know your requirements.
There are some "77 boys in kolkata.
When you come over, you could meet the

Cheers,

Radheshyam


sir,

i am glad i got a positive reply from you and i am sure happy that you are willing to help somebody you have never seen or just being a goat is enough for you, so it seems. i will be coming or rather i will be there on the 1st of September. the purchases are medals and trophies.i did make a purchase last year but it was not satisfactory. the reason i am asking for your help is you being a local and that we dont get swindled.my mobile No. is 9932333444, 9944330059.
good day or goodnight

karma


Dear Karma,

When you come on the 1st, do give me a ring.
My Cell no is 09331259878 and residence no is 033 25740583.
I normally go to office on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
Since the 1st is Tueday, I'll have no problem helping you.
In the meantime I am asking some of your batch mates to get in touch with you also so that you can have a small get together, if you all so desire.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

cc: Sudeep Sanyal 9830005812
Debashis Saha: 9831120904
Pinaki Mitra : 9748720000
Santanu Acharya : 9831062675


Msg from Indranil Aich

Dear Radheshyamji,

Firstly I must compliment you on the great job of bringing all geothalites together by the most powerful networking tool of the 21st century the internet. If we didn't have the blog and your weekly updates probably we wouldn't have had the alumni chapters getting formalised . Also the great variety of topics from socio-political issues , political commentary and satire and of course some great desserts of humor at the end of the weekly messages.

I feel that we should make this blog the official mouth piece for our alumni association.

The felicitation evening of our Alumni Nirmal Kumar Verma was my first . I missed the last two get togethers and enjoyed the evening very much.

I have a small suggestion we should come out with a directory of students of Geothals immediately. To take a step further we can organise some guest lectures from our Alumni who are all well placed in various works of life.

In the blog we can start a small section on achievements of our goethalites across the globe.
Please keep up the good job.
Regards,
indranil aich.


Msg from Ajit Roy

Dear RS,

Please recall Ranjan, Manas, Avijit and some others canvassing Membership for the Alumni at the Bengal Club. You shall be surprised to note that it is 16 days now since I wrote to Ranjan but he is yet to reply my emails and to send the details about my membership and the relevant forms.

You are an office bearer of the Alumni. Are you aware of these adverse incidents? Maybe you could contact Ranjan to ascertain the reasons for these awkward situations.

Bye for now.

AK.


Msg from Ranjan Guha

Dear All,

Please find attached a list showing details of the Membership position of Goethals Alumni (Kolkata).

As of now I do not guarantee that this list is 100% accurate but after doing some tallying, specially with our Bank Statement, we will know for sure. However, as of today I feel this will give a more-or-less correct picture from where we can proceed further.

As regards the list, please note the following :

You will notice that as of date we have received 21 + 20 = 41 Membership.

If any of you notice any discrepancy in the attached list, please mail me immediately so that I can correct my records (after checking).

This list will help us to discuss this matter further during our meeting on Saturday in K K’s office at 1.30 pm.

Thanks N Regards

Ranjan Guha Majumder

Dear All,

Please suggest a DOMAIN NAME for our Web Site. I was thinking of

1. www.goethalsalumni.com
2. www.goethalsalumni.in (.in is India Specific)


Any other suggestions ? I am avoiding the word Kolkata for two reasons
1. Name will become too long.
2. Not mentioning Kolkata will late on permit us to make this THE WEB SITE for Global Goethals Alumni

Waiting for your response
Ranjan


Dear Ranjan,

Good progress.
Since ours is not a commercial organisation, I would suggest gms.org, if it is available.
Let other suggestions also roll in.
Then we can take a decision.
Do let me know how many of our boys will be going to the Loreto party. I'll take a decision after seeing the count.
I would like to go in the interest of our blog as Ex-Loreto girls are already participating in it.
Of course, since we were more connected to St. Helen's school, we will be knowing very few of the girls (now ladies) there.
Cheers

Radheshyam


www.GOETHALSALUMNI.IN seems appropriate to me

Regards/Partha

PARG GROUP


Msg from Sumeet

Hi Radhe Jee,

It would like to convey to you my gratitude for all effort and dedication you put into your mails.
god bless you.

"do all things well"

Sumit


Msg from Vineet Mitra

Hi Radhe,

I am an Ex- Goethalite too and passed out in the year 2002. Right now i am located in Bangalore and want to know if there is an Alumni here and if so who can be contacted with regard to this. Please take it as a request if you do know the required information as i want to catch up with Goe

Vineet Mitra

Software Engineer,(Product Dev)
Tecnotree
No. 65/2, ‘B’ Block, 5th Floor, Level 07,Bagmane Tridib
Bagmane Tech Park, C V Ramanagar, Byrasandra
Bangalore – 560093
Mob : +91 9900952046


Hello Vineet,

I don't think you have an alumni association in the south.
However, it would be good if you could take the initiative to start one.
I am sending the Email ID of the boys in the south, i.e. Chennai and Bangalore.
I am sending a copy of this message to all the boys.
Somebody will have to take the initiative.
Why not you?

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Msg from Shautick Das

Hi

I am a goat from the '96 batch. Like others, I have been a constant
follower of your blog. I must admit that I havent contributed much besides
giving all the necessary details to keep in touch with other goats.
Your 'job through the blog' idea has come in at the right time for me.
Would be really glad if you could keep me in mind and forward my CV
should there be any requirement among our guys.
In short, I started my career in advertising, then founded a company of
my own and owned a lounge in hyderabad. I resigned on moral grounds
very recently and moved to Bangalore. I was not very happy with the way my partners
were handling certain issues which in turn was damaging my reputation.
I am looking for a good opportunity in Marketing
(marketing/brand manager), in Bangalore.
Being a Brand and Marketing person, and
in this digital age, where your CV is your
mouth piece, I decided to position &
present the facts in a style of my own.

In the world of MS Word's, heres a PPT.

Thanks and Regards

Shautick


Hari Om friends,

I sent a mail to you all last evening for setting up an Alumni in the south, and here I am giving you a job
Our school fellow is looking for a Marketing Job in Bangalore itself.
Please see if any of you can be of help to him.
I have given his letter, below, and also his CV in PPT format.
I do hope you can all help each other.

Radheshyam


Msg from Deborshi Sengupta

Dear Shautick,

Just came to know that you are looking for a change through Mr. Radheshyam's e mail.If you are interested in marketing 3M products do let me know if I can share your resume with others. Kindly let me know soon as a friend of mine is looking for Managers for this portfolio.

Warm Regards,

Deborshi

DEBORSHI SENGUPTA.
DIRECTOR-BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT
BUILDERS BOX (INDIA) PVT. LTD.
UNIT# G5-6.
26,RACE COURSE ROAD.
BANGALORE 560 001.
KARNATAKA
INDIA
MOB # 98453 58202.
Tel:- +91 80 412 26 332/33
Fax:-+91 80 412 26 331.


Hi

Thank you so much.

As you are aware, Deborshi, who was my senior
in school and someone whom I know very well,
has already responded.
Shall meet him and discuss.

Regards
Shautick

No comments: