Saturday, February 21, 2009

Marriage in Ranchi

Some photographs taken in Ranchi during the marriage and my brother-in-law's place.
The photographs show some of the rituals in our marriages.
Being a grandfather, I hope you will allow my indulgence in posting so many of many grandaughter's photographs, in different poises.
She is now 4 1/2 months old.
Radheshyam



Katyayani (Yati) in front of our Mandir at home
Bride(Sweta) and bridegroom(Sanjeev). At the reception, before marriage
During the Marriage before the Phera, bride is on the right
After the phera, bride is on the left, kum kum being put on the forehead
The bridegroom's father being decorated as a woman and a baby put in his lap. It just happens to be Yati



Yati with my Bhanja's daughter. Bhanja is my sister's son.Manju with Yati
My Elder Brother-in-law
Self with Yati

Shalini (daughter-in-law) with Yati



Son, Ajay, with daughter, Yati












No comments: